Assessment and Evaluation / Reporting
Scheme of Evaluation for Pre-School and Pre-Primary Grade
Evaluation of learning is a comprehensive process as it focuses on the daily, consistent progress made by the child. This procedure is based on the child’s daily interaction in the class, his/her levels of general awareness, the quality of work produced by him/her and internalization of the concepts taught. The approach is not purely academic but attaches equal importance to participation in co-curricular activities.
Scheme of Evaluation for Grade 1 to 5
Students of Classes 1 to 5 are not assessed through examination but undergo a continuous and comprehensive assessment process through the academic year. Report cards stating the student’s performance are issued once in each term.
Scheme of Evaluation for Grade 6 to 10
- There are two terms in an academic year.
- Assessments are carried out on the basis of the syllabus. A report is given at the end of each term.
- Evaluation assesses the concepts gained by the child and the areas that need to be further strengthened.
- Assessment is indicated in grades only.
- Scholastic areas have a five point grading scale.
- Re-assessment will not encouraged.